[Haskell-cafe] Design Patterns by Gamma or equivalent

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Wed Mar 11 07:26:51 EDT 2009

The concept of "design pattern" tends not to be used by Haskell
programmers - it brings a lot of baggage with it (like being formally
documented in a particular way, being "proven" by being used in
production several times, etc.) and it doesn't seem to be particularly
useful for us in this heavyweight form.

However, we do have a more lightweight concept of an "idiom" and
"idiomatic Haskell". See
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Category:Idioms (Not all of these
pages should probably be in this category, but it gives you an idea.)
--
Robin