[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: haskell-src-exts-1.0.0

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 22:15:38 EDT 2009

> It is with great pleasure I hereby announce the first stable release
> of the haskell-src-exts package, version 1.0.0!

There's a kind of programming work that have great intelectual
impact, as it lets you see your code in diferent ways. Yours,
however, is of a special kind, as it has a physical impact on
those who use it. With haskell-src-exts, all the time I'm typing
Haskell I feel less pain in my fingers, since now I can get
beautifull pretty-printed code with no thumb pain. Haskell is
now a more pleasant experience.

> It handles (almost(*)) all syntactic extensions to the Haskell
> 98 standard implemented by GHC, (...)

> (*) The only two exceptions are NewQualifiedOperators and UnicodeSyntax.

How far is Unicode from beeing parsed? It doesn't seem to be
a huge step (from my ill-informed viewpoint), and it would
not let behind those who are happy to be able to declare names
in their own native language. (Oh, and sorry for resorting to
politically correct blackmail...)

Best,
Maurício