[Haskell-cafe] Edinburgh Haskell users meeting this afternoon

Dougal Stanton dougal at dougalstanton.net
Sun Jun 21 03:08:58 EDT 2009

Hello Haskell users

If you're in the Edinburgh (Scotland!) area and interested in Haskell
we may have just the thing for you.

I will be meeting one other Haskell Cafe list member at Doctor's pub
at 4pm this afternoon (Sunday 21 June). This could be the start of
something bigger, so if you're interested in Haskell please drop in
and swell the numbers. The conversation will probably be about some of
the basics - what is currying? what are typeclasses? what does the
"deriving" keyword do? - so don't feel nervous about being out of your
depth!

If I can get a table, I will try to display a copy of Hudak's _Haskell
School of Expression_ prominently. Please come up and say hello, or
fire me back a note if you can't make it but are still interested in
making this a regular meeting. Don't be shy about joining us if you're
available though!

Thanks everyone!

Dougal

--