[Haskell-cafe] What could be considered "standard Haskell" these days?

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 09:00:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I would like to take some time to study Haskell properly, so
that I could help others and pay my debt for the many times
I had to bother with my syntax questions. And, of course,
make better use of the language.

My first attempt was to read the syntax description in
Haskell 98 report, and that helped a lot. But I've realized
that it's far from the language as used today. But just
adding all available extensions would not be good, as some
are very experimental e others are obsolete.

I saw Haskell-prime page and a few features are marked
as accepted. That mean I can trust them to be part of the
next Haskell standard?

So: if someone wants to learn the details of the language,
what could be the subset of extensions one should learn
and make regular use, and also include in code supposed
to be used by others in the long term?

Thanks,
Maurício