Pickling a finite map (Binary + zlib) [was: [Haskell-cafe] Data.Binary poor read performance]

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:52:05 EST 2009

Hello Felipe,

Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 11:24:19 AM, you wrote:

> Too bad 'Map' is exported as an abstract data type and it's not
> straighforward to test this conjecture. Any ideas?

just make a copy of its implementation to test

btw, i always thought that it should be a way to overcome any export
lists and go directly to module internals. limiting export is the way
to protect programmer from errors, not security feature, and it should
be left to programmer to decide when he don't need it. compilers
should just be able to check whether some module/library imported
abstractly or with internals too. this will render useless all those
.Internals modules that now we need to add everywhere

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com