[Haskell-cafe] Re: speed: ghc vs gcc

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 18:59:05 EST 2009

Sebastian, that's not Bulat's point.  He's saying that if we make that
optimization in Haskell, we should at least make the same optimization in
GCC for fair comparison.  (Though I'm not entirely sure that that
optimization would be of any use to GCC, but that's a linguistic concern, no
more.)

His point is valid.  But Don's results *not* obtained by optimizing in this
fashion are valid comparisons, and the results obtained with this
optimization are useful for other reasons.

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com