[Haskell-cafe] Re: Google Summer of Code 2009

Matthew Elder matt at mattelder.org
Thu Feb 12 20:06:07 EST 2009

> So in general, think hard about missing capabilities in Haskell:
>
>    * tools
>    * libraries
>    * infrastructure
>
> that benefit the broadest number of Haskell users or developers.
>
> Another route is to identify a clear niche where Haskell could leap
> ahead of the competition, with a small investment.
>
> -- Don

One capability I would love to see as a SoC project is the ability to
generate javascript (a small subset) as an additional output target from
ghc. Something like this was already done with yhc
here<http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yhc/Javascript>but if it could
be ported to GHC and cabalized, this would really be a boon
to the web dev community; javascript is quickly becoming one of the most
predominant languages used for GUI creation (mainly via the web).

--
Need somewhere to put your code? http://patch-tag.com
Want to build a webapp? http://happstack.com