[Haskell-cafe] Control.Parallel missing

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:03:16 EST 2009

Hi!

A friend of mine tried to learn Haskell and asked me for an advice
because he had problems with Haskell in 5 steps:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_5_steps

Under "Write your first parallel Haskell program" section there is
"import Control.Parallel" which is simply missing in 6.12 and also it
is not in documentation anymore:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/index.html

I know that we have moved now to Haskell Platfrom so you can install
it additionally (probably), but for a novice it is not really nice
that example programs do not compile out of the box. Maybe we could
extend this 4th step also with an introduction to Cabal?

Mitar