[Haskell-cafe] "Rebox Package" or "To Hackage or not to Hackage"

Vitaliy Akimov vitaliy.akimov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:25:03 EST 2009

Hi John,

I don't know if this is useful for you, but these are instances of
Cofunctor's comap. For example if we use TypeCompose package we have:

rebox f = unFlip . cofmap f . Flip

The rest are also Cofunctors. There are a few options. You can either
specify instances or use type combinators from category-extras or
TypeCompose packages. Basically (a -> a -> b) is curried composition
of diagonal Functor from Bifunctor (,) and Cofunctor (Flip (->) a)
etc.

It's interesting to know more about usage of the pattern for AST reduction.

Vitaliy