[Haskell-cafe] Haskell job opportunity

siki gabor at karamaan.com
Tue Dec 8 12:09:10 EST 2009

I've posted this before but did not get a whole lot of responses, so here it
is again:

Principal investment firm based in Manhattan is looking for an outstanding
software developer to develop and maintain the firm's proprietary valuation
models as well as accounting and portfolio management systems.

You should have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top
university and impeccable coding style. This is a high-impact,
high-visibility job opportunity where successful candidates will be
entrusted with a lot of responsibility for products that have a direct
effect on the P&L of the firm and influences our workflow.

This is a very small hedge fund with me being the only developer right now.
The next hire will have a very direct say into how this side of our business
progresses from here. We are a growth oriented firm that values people who
take a craftsman’s pride in their work. We always like to take a contrarian
view of things, value experimenting and using often overlooked technologies.
That is one of the main reasons why we currently started using Haskell in
developing our quantitative models.  We are looking for a candidate who
shows strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Attention
to detail is essential, i.e. we fully document everything we do and pay a
lot of attention to coding style.

The majority of our existing code was written in Java, so you should have at
least some experience with Java and related technologies, in order to be
able to maintain the existing code. But as I mentioned above, Haskell has
now become my choice of language and eventually all of the existing code
will have to be re-written in Haskell. Background in accounting is not
necessary but is definitely a plus.

Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment at karamaan.com, or

Thanks