[Haskell-cafe] Announce: EnumMap-0.0.1

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 15:03:35 EDT 2009

Hi List,

I've uploaded a first version of EnumMap to hackage.

EnumMap is a generalization of IntMap that constrains the key to Enum
rather than forcing it to be Int. I have no idea what impact this has
on performance, but it still passes all the tests that ship with
IntMap. (My guess is that performance will be similar/identical unless
I've missed something.)

If this package competes in speed (especially with an Int key) with
IntMap, I'd expect this could be merged into the containers package as
an IntMap replacement.

The source comments/copyright/license hasn't been changed since this
is a derivative work of the original IntMap package.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/EnumMap

Comments/benchmarks/criticism is appreciated. Merging this in with
containers eventually would be more appreciated. :)

John Van Enk