[Haskell-cafe] createProcess problem

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:22:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 06:00:52PM -0500, Vasili I. Galchin wrote:
> I feel that it has something to do with double quotes in Haskell ...
> probably something obviously silly that I am doing.

The problem is that ["-p blastn"] means that there's only one
argument, while ["-p", "blastn"] means what you want.  In a Unix
shell, what you're doing is the same as 'blastn "-p blastn"',
which is clearly wrong.

Why are things like this?  Well, imagine that you wanted to pass
a file as argument, and that file had a space in its name.
Having a list of arguments leaves you unconcerned about these
subtleties.

--
Felipe.