[Haskell-cafe] Python's big challenges, Haskell's big advantages?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Sep 17 20:24:48 EDT 2008

jason.dusek:
>   What does Haskell have to say about cloud computing?

I'm not sure cloud computing is well-enough defined to say anything yet.

    "paradigm in which information is permanently stored in servers on
    the Internet and cached temporarily on clients that include
    desktops, entertainment centers, table computers, notebooks, wall
    computers, handhelds, etc."

So we're talking about JSON, online db services like Amazon bindings,
HAppS nodes, et al. For which Haskell's perfectly able. Now, maybe
there's some nice abstractions waiting to be found though..

-- Don