[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Probably a trivial thing for people knowing Haskell

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Mon Oct 20 11:48:15 EDT 2008

"Jason Dagit" <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:

> Something I have noticed about myself now that I can think in types
> to some degree is that reading the documentation for apis in
> non-typeful languages, I'll pick on python, is now harder!

Well, something I have noticed is a definitive lack of documentation on
the Haskell side. With python, you get argument names for free, which
makes grokking the usage of a function instant, opposed to trying to
figure out (from Language.Haskell.TH, look at HApps and Parsec to see
stuff that confused me much, much more)

dataD :: CxtQ -> Name -> [Name] -> [ConQ] -> [Name] -> DecQ

it's constraints -> typename -> something -> typedef -> implements ->
result. I bet I know what goes in between the "=" and "A | B" if I want
to use it, but honestly can't think of it right now.