[Haskell-cafe] There is something wrong with hprotoc-0.3.1 package.

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Tue Oct 14 05:47:05 EDT 2008

Wow...I have a user.  I wrote hprotoc, and I am adding support for
protobuf-2.0.2 options in the next version of protocol-buffers and hprotoc.  Let
me see if I can help....

I just tested the tarball again and it "Works for me".  I bet you are compiling
without the necessary ghc flags.  Cabal should be including those.  I am using
ghc-6.8.3 with Cabal-1.4.0.2 and tested with the command:

> cabal-install --verbose --user hprotoc-0.3.1.tar.gz

Of course, I already have protocol-buffer-0.3.1 and
protocol-buffers-descriptor-0.3.1 installed.

The line 48 in my copy of Parser.hs says

> type P = GenParser Lexed

Changing that to

> type P a = GenParser Lexed a

still compiles and works for me.  But I would be surprised if that fixed all
your problems.

Thanks for asking for help instead of giving up,
   Chris