[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: error on configure

David Barton dlb at patriot.net
Tue Oct 7 15:50:34 EDT 2008

OK, I suspect this is a real newbie error, but please have mercy.  I have
downloaded and installed cabal (at least it responds to the --help command
from the command line).  Yet when I do, say (to give a real example):

cabal configure parameterized_ data

(having done he fetch)  I get this error:

cabal.exe: Using 'build-type" Custom' but there is no Setup.hs or Setup.lhs
script.'

When I download the package manually and look, there is a perfectly
servicable Setup.hs script, which I call manually.

So what gives?

Dave Barton