[Haskell-cafe] Need machine for DPH benchmarking

Daniel Yokomizo daniel.yokomizo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:47:42 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thursday, November 27, 2008, 4:43:08 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Another possibility is using the Amazon EC2 functionality and rent a
>> high-CPU instance (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#instance) for as long as
>
> these are virtual cores, which isn't appropriate for measuring
> performance on real 4/8 core boxes

That's why I mentioned it as another possibility. It won't give you
performance numbers for a specific processor but you can run tests to
see parallelization behavior and get some food for thought. It's a
pretty cheap way to explore ideas if you don't have a equivalent
machine available.

> --
> Best regards,
>  Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com