[Haskell-cafe] Interactive

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Wed Nov 12 16:54:54 EST 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> I have a small question...
>
> Given that interactivity is Really Hard to do in Haskell, and that mutable
> state is to be strongly avoided, how come Frag exists? (I.e., how did they
> successfully solve these problems?)

Because the givens are bull :-)

That said, Frag doesn't throw too many different types of entities around
and its performance isn't great when you look at the game simulation
(largely because it was an experiment in using FRP).

flippa at flippac.org

A problem that's all in your head is still a problem.
Brain damage is but one form of mind damage.