[Haskell-cafe] Re: reliable (bi)directional pipe to a process

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Nov 11 05:55:55 EST 2008

> I too have noticed insidious bugs in GHC run-time when communicating
> with another process via a pipe. I tried to use runInteractiveProcess;
> it worked -- up to file sizes of about 300Kb.

Yeah, I seem to be running into similar strange problems,
so I'll be definitely checking out your code.

(Why didn't I file bug reports? Because I couldn't isolate
the problem well, so my whole setup including external programs
would have to be duplicated, and I don't expect GHC headquarters to
be willing to do this. No complaints.)

J.W.