[Haskell-cafe] Problems with strictness analysis?

Kim-Ee Yeoh a.biurvOir4 at asuhan.com
Thu Nov 6 00:53:10 EST 2008

Luke Palmer-2 wrote:

> I would like to know or to develop a way to allow abstract
> analysis of time and space complexity.

In the same way that type inference and strictness analysis can be
seen as instances of abstract interpretation, so can complexity
inference. I agree that the interplay between these various instances
of AI is an unexplored lode for us cogheads.

Below are 2 references to complexity inference. I have yet to look
closely to ascertain the degree of compositionality of their
methodologies. Can anyone recommend a survey paper of the
entire field?

Linear, Polynomial or Exponential? Complexity Inference in Polynomial Time
Amir M. Ben-Amram, Neil D. Jones and Lars Kristiansen
http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0956796800003865

Automated complexity analysis of Nuprl extracted programs
Ralph Benzinger
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69407-6_7