[Haskell-cafe] is there some book about haskell and data struct and alg?

John Melesky list at phaedrusdeinus.org
Fri May 30 20:09:31 EDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 5:32 AM, Benjamin L. Russell wrote:
> Actually, the link now points to the following URL (updated by John
> Melesky):
>
> http://www.eecs.usma.edu/webs/people/okasaki/pfds-haskell.tar.gz
>
> instead of the following URL (set by Henk-Jan van Tuyl):
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20000818044004/http://www.cs.columbia.edu/
> ~cdo/pfds-haskell.tar.gz
>
> I just tested both, and they both seem to work.  Perhaps both should
> be listed, or should we agree on just one?

I chose one over the other because it's the link the author (of the
original book and of the code) provides from his (new) homepage. And
because taxing archive.org when a valid alternative is available seems
like poor form.

This is a problem in general with Haskell code, though, since such a
large portion of it is created by professors or current students: if/
when they leave their current college/university, the links tend to
break. I don't know that there's a solution except vigilance.

-johnnnnnnnnn