[Haskell-cafe] Data.Tree.Zipper in the standard libraries

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat May 24 04:24:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

> It doesn't use State monad anymore and it returns Maybe. This seems to
> be the common preference, is it? Feel free to vote against. Should we
> change Data.Map also? There is another proposal for changes in
> findMin/findMax so it is better to make this two breaking changes
> together rather than in a later release.

The standard libraries proposal thingy is to go via the libraries
list, create tickets etc. What reason is there to make this part of
the base libraries, rather than a separate package on hackage? I can't
see much reason to make Data.Tree part of the base libraries, other
than the fact it already is, and it could easily get moved out at a
future date.

We've seen there is some advantage in leaving the implementation
outside the base library, as its already changed several times in the
past few days.

Thnanks

Neil