[Haskell-cafe] Re: Richer (than ascii) notation for haskell source?

Andy Smith andy.haskell at zambezi.org.uk
Thu May 15 09:52:15 EDT 2008

2008/5/15 Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org>:
> So I think the best and simplest idea is to make
> the letter lambda a keyword. True, you need a space after it
> then. You already need spaces between the variables after the
> lambda, so anyway you might say that would be more consistent.

You could use a zero width space (U+200B) to preserve the appearance
of mathematical notation. I don't know if this is already treated as
whitespace but it probably should be. There are also several thin
space characters (U+2008 punctuation space, U+2009 thin space, U+200A
hair space) that might be better, particularly between variables in a
multi-parameter lambda.

Andy