[Haskell-cafe] Re: Parsec on TeX

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon May 5 06:30:50 EDT 2008

apfelmus wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>> Yeah, if you're on Debian it would make sense to install GHC -- its much
>> more active, much faster, and supports more things. [than Hugs]
>
> Except for compile and load time, Hugs is really fast there.

Mmm, possibly. I seem to recall it being instantaneous on my old AMD K6
500MHz with both Hugs and GHCi. But it was a while ago...

Certainly only Hugs as the nice feature of automatically reloading your
source every time you hit save. I really miss that in GHCi. [OTOH, if
you're going to do this, expect lots of "hey, this doesn't parse!" type
messages. undefined is your friend!]