[Haskell-cafe] sdl-mixer loading issue

Norbert Wojtowicz wojtowicz.norbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:34:08 EDT 2008

> Attached is a patched version of SDL_mixer 0.5.2 with a C wrapper
> for this macro. I'm now able to run loadWAV in ghci.

Works for me, thanks!

Now I just need to learn how to make my WAVs sound not like
computer-generated children voices. For example, using the hback wav
files and this:

import Control.Concurrent (threadDelay)
import Graphics.UI.SDL.Mixer.General
import Graphics.UI.SDL.Mixer.Music

main = do
 openAudio 22050 AudioS16Sys 2 4096
 w <- loadMUS "c.wav"
 playMusic w 1
 threadDelay 2000000
 freeMusic w
 closeAudio

It plays (which is an immense improvement), but I can't get it to
sound the way it does from eg. mplayer. I have almost no knowledge of
the inner workings of computer sound drivers, so if there is something
obvious I'm missing please do speak up.

- Norbert