[Haskell-cafe] Enterprise Haskell AMQP library initial start and would like to pass it off to someone.

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Sun Jan 27 05:54:16 EST 2008

Don Stewart wrote:
> berlin.brown:
>
>> I started a AMQP library; there really isn't a lot there but at least
>> I was able to connect to the server.  Here is the code and hopefully
>> someone else can continue with the project.
> Thanks!
>
> Would you like this packaged up for hackage.haskell.org, so others can
> find and improve it? (or maybe move the repo to code.haskell.org?

As I said in an earlier message to Haskell Cafe, I've been working on
AMQP as well.  Berlin's approach seems to have been to hand-code a
minimum client and then expand from there, whereas I have been working
on an automatic translation from the XML protocol spec to the framing
layer of AMQP.  The two efforts ought to be merged, although I haven't
got the content message type implemented yet.

I believe I have a Haskell.org account, although I'm not sure how to use
darcs with it.  Perhaps Don could advise me on the steps I would need to
take to get my code into a repository on the server.

Paul.