[Haskell-cafe] library to read/write audio files

Erik de Castro Lopo hc-erikd at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jan 18 19:47:05 EST 2008

Sorry, I missed this when it first came through, I was travelling
in Europe. I'm also mainly a lurker on this list as my functional
language of choice is actually Ocaml, but I've been wanting to
learn Haskell for some time.

John Lato wrote:

> I originally intended to use Erik de Castro Lopo's excellent
> libsndfile

Thank you.

> This library is far from complete.  Firstly, only the wave format is
> implemented (and incompletely).

I really do ask you to reconsider this. Even just parsing the WAVE
file format is a *HUGE* undertaking if you intend to support
everything that is actually in the specs as well as handle all the
horribly broken WAVE files produced by many commercial products.

Cheers,
Erik