[Haskell-cafe] Re: Quanta. Was: Wikipedia on first-class object

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Jan 7 17:20:14 EST 2008

Albert Y. C. Lai writes:

> Achim Schneider wrote:
>> There is this story about some military (US afair) training a neural
>> net to detect tanks in images
> 50% accuracy.

> I have some similar stories to tell....
>
> A. ... students assumed
> sin(x+y) = sin(x) + sin(y)
> B. ... But that day, that car, it showed no red light.

All this is nice to read, and make me thank Lord I am still alive, but,
for goodness sake, *what do you want to convey?*

No quanta, no Wikipedia, no first-class objects, no Haskell, café I have
to fetch myself in la cuisine, and I feel lost.

J.K. (an unlucky character from Kafka, as you should remember).