[Haskell-cafe] timer_create revisited

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 27 14:52:50 EDT 2008

I'm trying to build GHC 6.8.2 (6.8.3 once I get all this nailed
down...) from an old bootstrap ghc on SuSE 9.3-64 (yes, I know)
because the 6.6.1 and newer binary tarballs for amd64 Linux doesn't
work with the "timer_create" issue.

The problem is, having built a shiny new 6.8.2 both stage1 and stage2,
the result works but compiled programs have the "timer_create"
problem.  (??)

At this point I'm stymied.  Suggestions, other than "upgrade" (not
currently possible due to commercial software support and timing
issues)?

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu