[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Top Level <-

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Aug 26 21:20:30 EDT 2008

I told you where to look at code.  It's C code, mind you, but written
in a decent way.
No well written device driver ever accesses memory or IO ports
directly, doing so would seriously hamper portability.
Instead you use an abstraction layer to access to hardware, and the
driver gets passed a "bus" (whatever that might be) access token (akin
to a capability).

I know you're not going to be convinced, so I won't even try. :)

  -- Lennart