[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Propeganda

Thomas M. DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:44:25 EDT 2008

wrt head [], Niels said:
> So now what? Action plan = []

Oh come now.  Between ghci, hpc, and manual analysis I've never hit a
Haskell error and thrown my hands up, "I can't go any further, I'm at a
complete loss!"  Also it helps that I run into this extremely rarely - I
have a larger habit of hidding black holes :-(

Niels said:
> Thank you for the URL, but I'm aware of the work in GHC(i).

It might interest you to know some people actually use hpc for debugging
with reasonble success - it colors the unevaluated sections and this can
be very helpful in determining where a program stopped and threw an
exception.

If you have your eyes on the future you should see Dana Xu's work on
static contract checking (check out her Cambridge page).

Cheers,
Tom