[Haskell-cafe] PRE-ANNOUNCE: cabal-debian (automatically debianize cabal packages)

Clifford Beshers clifford.beshers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:42:13 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote

> Can the Debian/Haskell interest parties say something about
> who's doing what in this area? Is there hope for a concrete
> effort to import large numbers of hackage apps and tools into Debian?

I made a stab at it, but ran into issues with build dependencies that I
didn't have the time to solve, so I switched to just importing the packages
I needed.  Currently, we at SeeReason are building packages for our own use
based on Ubuntu Hardy Heron.  People are welcome to use them at their own
risk. If it breaks your computer, you get to keep both halves.

People are also welcome to use our autobuilder, which we use to build the
packages.   All packages can be found at deb.seereason.com.  We are trying
to limit the amount of time we spend on these tools, but would be happy to
provide pointers to self-starters and/or discuss options for other people to
work on them.

Cliff