[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Compiler Construction course using Haskell?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Aug 20 16:07:56 EDT 2008

Martin Erwig wrote (on a similar course he taught):

> * Many students did not know Haskell before, so I had to teach some
> Haskell and was forced to avoid some more advanced features, such as
> type classes and monads.

Yeah, in my case I know they don't know Haskell...

Still, I trust them to pick it up quickly, and understand type classes
(by analogy to interfaces in Java) and - they have to learn monads.
These are master students, they should be open to a challenge ...

NB: The course is declared "optional".
As a prerequisite, there is a (mandatory) course
in Principles of Programming Languages.

J.W.