[Haskell-cafe] ANN: wavconvert 0.1.1

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Aug 19 02:51:04 EDT 2008

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> The other distros are following a similar course though not yet quite as
> successfully as Don has demonstrated for Arch. There are similar
> translation tools for Gentoo, Debian and RPM-based distros

What is the current recommended way to build debian packages?  I
notice there's a step-by-step description at

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Creating_Debian_packages_from_Cabal_package

Any reason the manual steps here aren't automated?  There's also a
different script posted at

  http://urchin.earth.li/pipermail/debian-haskell/2008-January/000370.html

and I distinctly remember other recipes as well, although I can't find
them at the moment.

For RPM, there seems to be a tool at

  http://www.serpentine.com/blog/software/cabal-rpm/

Should we (i.e. haskell.org) provide apt- and yummable repositories
for (source?) packages for .rpm and .deb?

-k