[Haskell-cafe] FRP question

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sun Aug 17 17:26:55 EDT 2008

I'm interested in FRP, have read several of the papers and am wondering
if it could be applied to writing multi-client server programs.
What would be the input type events for such a system?  What would
be the output type events?  How would the system handle the fact
that it has to multiplex several IO streams (sockets)?

I'm trying to answer these questions myself and having a hard time.
Should input events include new connection requests and shutdowns?
Individual bytes?  Streams of bytes?  or higher level PDUs?
What kind of output should be generated?  Full PDUs?  streams of
bytes?  Pairs of (connection identifier,data)?
How would such a system effectively hide the multiplexed IO going on?
Is this sort of problem poorly suited for FRP?

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/