[Haskell-cafe] darcs hacking sprint (25-26 October)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 16:33:17 EDT 2008

Dear Haskellers,

As Jason mentions, there has been recently been a lot of interest in
darcs and an influx of new contributors.  Thanks, everybody!  Things are
moving faster now with a few extra brains on board.

We have some very ambitious plans, though and we still need all the help
we can get.  Do you think you might be interested in participating, but
don't really know where to start?  We may have just the solution for
you:

Darcs hacking sprint
--------------------
You are cordially invited to hack on darcs with us for a weekend,
specifically, that of 25-26 October.

We will primarily be working on performance hacking of all sorts
  http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Roadmap
If there are sufficient new hackers, I plan to prepare an overview
and a set of starter tasks to help you get to grips with the darcs
code.

Venues
------
The venues are not yet fixed, although we have some tentative offers for
space in London (thanks to Ganesh) and Portland (thanks to Galois).  We
will also be available via IRC, with some possibility for
video-conferencing of some sort.  For more information, please see
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/Sprints

If you have any suggestions for possible venues in London, please let me
know. Our current London host can accommodate a handful of people, but
we would love to have more people joining in on the fun!

Also, if there are people who cannot make it to either London and
Portland, perhaps you could gather into satellite teams? I hear Boulder,
Colorado is a possibility.

RSVP
----
If you would like to participate in any way, please let me know
 * when you are available (25/26 October)
 * roughly where you are based
 * if you are willing to travel

Again, if you have suggestions for a good London venue, please send them
my way.

Many thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9