[Haskell-cafe] Re: [haskell-art] Haskore Tutorial

Vikrant vikrant.patil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:22:36 EDT 2008

Hi,
    I get this error. I think have zlib installed! what package should I
install to compile cabal on my machine (ubuntu - 8.04)

Configuring cabal-install-0.5.2...
Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
zlib >=0.4

status of zlib on my machine is as following

bahs$ aptitude search zlib
p   gambas2-gb-compress-bzlib2      - The Gambas bzlib2
component
p   gambas2-gb-compress-zlib        - The Gambas zlib compression
component
p   libcompress-raw-zlib-perl       - low-level interface to zlib
compression l
p   libcompress-zlib-perl           - Perl module for creation and
manipulation
p   libio-compress-zlib-perl        - Perl interface to
zlib
p   libio-zlib-perl                 - IO:: style interface to
Compress::Zlib
p   libjzlib-java                   - Reimplementation of zlib in pure
java
i   libzlib-ruby                    - transitional dummy
package
v   libzlib-ruby1.8
-
i   zlib-bin                        - compression library - sample
programs
i   zlib1g                          - compression library -
runtime
p   zlib1g-dbg                      - compression library -
development
i A zlib1g-dev                      - compression library -
development
i   zlibc                           - Uncompressing C Library

Regards,
Vikrant