[Haskell-cafe] poll: how can we help you contribute to darcs?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Mon Aug 4 05:44:50 EDT 2008

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> It would be useful if some darcs 2 hackers, contributors could help the
> ghc people evaluate if darcs 2 is still in the running.

This looks like a very easy and low-investement way to get involved.

Expanding a bit on this:  The page at
<http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DarcsTwo> asks for people to hammer
the hashed and darcs-2 repo formats.  While I haven't really had any
trouble with the old darcs-1 format, I can still experiment a bit.

However, the page looks to be a bit stale, can somebody in the know
look over it and update it so that it is current?  It'd be nice if
there were some suggestions or a 'howto' on how to go about testing.

Anyway, I just want to say that I really enjoy using darcs, and in
addition to being a really nice and easy to use VCS, it is also a
high-profile Haskell project with substantial PR value.  If we really
want Haskell to fail in attaining its goal of not attaining popularty,
darcs is an important piece.

-k