[Haskell-cafe] Re: poll: how can we help you contribute to darcs?

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 3 05:35:32 EDT 2008

Trent W. Buck wrote:
> I don't know why, but a lot of people I spoke to seemed to have that
> impression, and I essentially had to wave changelogs under their face to
> convince them that darcs was still being worked on *at all*.  I had to
> point out that it was a *release* announcement -- how could a dead
> project have a new major version?
>
> Perhaps a chirpy journalism major should be writing vapidly up-beat
> announcement posts, denying even the possibility of problems :-P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I was under the impression that Darcs is
a revision control system. It controls revisions.

Well Darcs already does that. So... what's to develop? It's not like
it's slow or buggy. I can't actually think of any features it doesn't
have that I want. So... what now?

In case that sounds really negative and critical, let me phrase it
another way: Given that Darcs is more or less perfect now, what's to add?