[Haskell-cafe] Fw: I have a problem

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 05:50:52 EDT 2008

First, I'd refer you to this list's rules on homework, and what people
will or won't answer.

Secondly to that though, rather than provide a solution, I'll give you
an idea that may lead to you coming up with a solution.  First, try
and write a function that can test if your first list is at the start
of the second list:

 > startlist [2,3] [2,3,4,5]
True
 > startlist [2,3] [1,2,3,4]
False

Then use this function to write your sublist function.

Hope that helps

Tom Davie