[Haskell-cafe] export question (GHC.Handle)

Fraser Wilson blancolioni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 01:34:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Graham Fawcett <graham.fawcett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I notice in the source for GHC.Handle that certain functions (e.g.
> fdToHandle_stat) are in the export list, but are not actually exported
> (at least, it seems you cannot import them). What mechanism causes
> these functions to be "hidden", and are they still accessible in some
> way?

Good question.  I often need to export a name to other modules within the
hierarchy, but without making them visible outside it.  I've "solved" this
problem by giving them funky names and adding a comment, but is there a more
structured way to do this?  A quick google hasn't found one yet.

cheers,
Fraser.