[Haskell-cafe] Shim: finding modules

Graham Fawcett graham.fawcett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:15:23 EDT 2008

Hi folks, I'm a newbie, so please forgive any terminological mistakes.

I've been using Shim in Emacs with great success, but there's one
issue I've encountered, and I don't know if it's configuration problem
or something fundamental. Consider a module 'App' and submodules
'App.Front' and 'App.Back'. When editing code in App that depends on
the submodules, Shim works well at resolving the location of the
submodules, and validates my code. But when editing App.Front, which
depends on App.Back, Shim fails to validate -- my working directory is
App.Front, and Shim doesn't seem able to find the location of
App.Back.

I'd like to be able to tell Shim that 'App' is the root of my project,
and to locate modules from that root. Is this possible?

On a related note, it seems that Shim is moribund (though others have
forked it, mostly for Vim support?). Given its utility, I'm surprised
by this. Do you have other support tools that serve a similar role? (I
know of haskell-mode, but the GHC API integration seems to be the
feature that sets Shim apart.)

Thanks,
Graham