[Haskell-cafe] install trouble with SDL on win32+cygwin

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Apr 11 21:37:14 EDT 2008

I'm trying to install the SDL package (on win32+cygwin), and configure isn't
able to find my SDL.dll, though it's on my PATH.  Any ideas?  - Conal

bash-3.2$ cabal install SDL
'SDL-0.5.3' is cached.
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Setup.lhs, dist\setup/Main.o )
Linking dist\setup\setup.exe ...
Configuring SDL-0.5.3...
checking for sdl-config... no
checking for sdl11-config... no
configure: error: *** SDL not found! Get SDL from www.libsdl.org.
If you already installed it, check it's in the path. If problem remains,
please send a mail to the address that appears in ./configure --version
indicating your platform, the version of configure script and the problem.
cabal.exe: Error: some packages failed to install:
SDL-0.5.3 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1
bash-3.2$ which SDL.dll
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/SDL.dll
bash-3.2$