[Haskell-cafe] library version problem

Galchin, Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:45:47 EDT 2008

Right I am just trying to rebuild the unix package. No matter what version
is present in the unix.cabal file,

runhaskell Setup.hs configure

produces an error concerning unix-2.3.0.0

Starting to get really frustrated over this. I just want to build a Unix
package test case .. and now I can't even build the unix package itself.

 ghc-pkg seems to be at the center of this problem because the problem seems
to have to deal with the package database.

1) On Linux(Ubuntu) where is the package database?

2) If ghc-pkg is indeed a Haskell program, how can I get the source to
better understand the problem I am encountering on my own?