[Haskell-cafe] announcing the darcs 2.0.0 release

Iain Lane haskell at orangesquash.org.uk
Tue Apr 8 05:43:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:22:25AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> Hello darcs users,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of darcs 2.0.0! It's been a long time
> coming, and hopefully you will be pleased with the result.  Notable new
> features include (in no particular order):

Hello,

Congrats for getting it out!

I'd just like to let everyone know that I have made packages for Ubuntu Gutsy
and Hardy available from my Launchpad PPA (personal package archive), available
from [1]. These releases are intended only as a band-aid for the impatient
until the official packages come out, or until I have time to talk to the
appropriate people; I haven't tested them thoroughly - all the usual
disclaimers apply ;). That said, they *do* appear to be working fine
from my (very) limited testing.

To install, add the lines given at [1] that correspond to your release to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file, then perform an `apt-get update' and `apt-get
dist-upgrade' or `apt-get install darcs' as appropriate.

It appears that the same package builds on Debian unstable (sid), but I
don't have a system available to test it on.

Please let me know of any problems, and I will endeavour to fix them. I
am on IRC as Laney.

Thanks all,
Iain

[1] https://launchpad.net/~laney/+archive