[Haskell-cafe] Block-wise lazy sequences in Haskell

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Sep 5 13:54:34 EDT 2007

  I want to have a data structure like Data.ByteString.Lazy, that is
block-wise lazy, but polymorphic. I could use a lazy list of unboxed
arrays (UArray) but the documentation says, that the element types are
restricted. But I will need (strict) pairs of Double and the like as
elements. It seems that I need generalized instances in order to use these
arrays.
  I thought it must be possible to define an unboxed array type with
Storable elements. I cannot find such a type in the standard libraries.
Further on, I wonder why pairs are not instances of Storable.