[Haskell-cafe] Why can't Haskell be faster?

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Wed Oct 31 18:10:11 EDT 2007

Are these benchmarks still up-to-date? When I started learning FP, I had
to choose between Haskell and Clean, so I made a couple of little
programs in both. GHC 6.6.1 with -O was faster in most cases, sometimes
a lot faster... I don't have the source code anymore, but it was based
on the book "The Haskell road to math & logic".

However, the Clean compiler itself is really fast, which is nice, it
reminds me to the feeling I had with Turbo Pascal under DOS :-) I find
GHC rather slow in compilation. But that is another topic of course.

Peter