[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Thu Nov 22 03:14:53 EST 2007

"David Menendez" <dave at zednenem.com> writes:

> Someone in a previous thread made an analogy between GHC and the linux
> kernel. I imagine that third-party Haskell distributions, consisting
> of GHC/Hugs/whatever and some bundled packages, would meet the desire
> for a "batteries included" Haskell implementation without tying the
> most popular libraries to GHC releases.

Well - the various Linux distributions certainly could do this -
providing a virtual "haskell-libs" package that just pulls in a bunch
of commonly used packages.  It'd be nice, of course, if that package
was reasonably consistent across distributions, and if there were
a corresponding installer for those other operating systems.

-k