[Haskell-cafe] Re: GHC 6.8.1 and HDirect

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:36:12 EST 2007

On 11/21/07, Fernand <quarantedeux42 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi dear fellow ghc users,
>
> I simply wanted to let people know that I apparently succeeded in
> compiling  a patched version of HDirect with GHC 6.8.1 (with typelibs
> support).
> At least, I could compile some of the examples and had very simple test
> programs launch/connect to Word and Excel using automation. I lack time
> to really clean up the library (I did not made any Cabal patch and
> modules), but feel free to contact me if you need some help to use
> hdirect with GHC 6.8.1.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> sL

Hi Fernand,

Congratulations! I once tried to compile HDirect with GHC 6.6.1 but finally
stopped trying after having made a bunch of unsuccessful modifications. It's
just too bad this library is no more maintained. Having a clean and
maintained COM interface would be really valuable for Haskell.

I would be interested in getting the patches for compiling HDirect with GHC
6.8.1.

Cheers,

Olivier.