[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Radosław Grzanka radoslawg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 15:47:51 EST 2007

2007/11/19, brad clawsie <clawsie at fastmail.fm>:
> > > The problem is that only one person gets to comment on the quality of
> > > a library, the author, who is about the least objective person.
>
> by rolling certain libraries into a base distribution, i was implying
> that there would be more eyeballs focusing on making them
> feature-complete. furthermore, by closely associating these libraries
> into a base distribution, there will be a sense of urgency associated
> with closing major bugs.

If you look at the stability tag of ghc libraries you will see that a
lot of them are marked as "provisional" (Network.URI for example) or
"experimental" (Control.Monad.Trans).
Although I would love to see some other standard libraries (MaybeT !),
 I think that current base should be solid first.

Just My $0.02 ,
  Radek.

--
Codeside: http://codeside.org/